Yamaha YSP-2200 3D Compatible Soundbar
Yamaha have recently announced the arrival of a brand new 3D compatible (i.e. loaded with HDMI 1.4a ports) soundbar.
The YSP-2200′s (with the YSP standing for Yamaha Sound Projector, as always) USP over Yamaha’s formidable YSP-4100 and YSP-5100 soundbars, is it’s diminutive height. Coming in at only 79mm high, this particular home cinema solution is designed to be placed on the same stand as your TV, and hence in front of it, without blocking any of the screen or controls. Formidable!
With 3 in/1 out HDMI ports alongside a couple of optical and single co-ax digital inputs, it has less than the aforementioned 4100 and this also rings true of the number of beam drivers. In this soundbar there are 16 versus the 40 of the 4100 but the YSP-2200 also comes, as standard, with it’s own slimline subwoofer, an omission that has, for some, plagued the 4100.
All in all, this soundbar looks exciting and should have hit the shelves by the time you read this. So, stop reading this and go and have a listen!
The specs. from Yamaha:
- Low profile soundbar allows positioning in front of most TVs for a neat and compact AV system
- Subwoofer is also convenient — can be placed vertically or horizontally
- Digital Sound Projector technology provides true surround sound for maximum enjoyment
- Built-in 132W digital amplifier
- 11 CINEMA DSP programmes: 3 Movie, 3 Music, 5 Entertainment including improved Game programme
- HD Audio format decoding
- 1080p-compatible HDMI (V.1.4a with 3D and Audio Return Channel, 3 in/ 1 out)
- IntelliBeam Automated System Calibration
- Dock port for adding optional YID-W10, YDS-12 and YBA-10